Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Neologism Poem

The writing prompt was to create a word, and use it as subject of a poem. This was all I could come up with. However, my poem doesn't reveal its true meaning of the word, but its essence.


A meop came to me and asked if I could
take it under my wing.
It would only be temporary and oh, such a brief stay.
Why, it's hardly noticeable.
I welcomed it to shelter
under the shade of my soul.

It scurried quickly to bury its head first
next to me, and then nestled its heart
close to mine.
Before I could realize it,
the meop’s heart was fusing into mine.
My breathe was halting
just as its breathe was.

Suddenly I longed to take shelter in its soul.
The warmth and energy it emitted was
more luscious, more lucent
than my own.
The rise of energy lead
me to a moment of clear elation
yet a light intoxication
of a love and power
so divine that it could not be mine.
I surrendered to the meop and apologized
for thinking I could be its shelter,
when I was the one who needed it.

"It was at that age that poetry came in search of me"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Ashini, is the meop your daughter

Indigo B. said...

MEOP = POEM

Unknown said...

Wow your imagery and emotion is very strong I had images running through my mind while reading your poem. Your ending complimented such a well written piece, I also love your choice of content. I definitely will be reading more of your work. Oh and thank you for the comment on my art, your art is beautiful as well.